East Anglia - Norfolk - Caister-on-Sea
Wilbur - Haven Holiday Park
Holistic Thinking Holidays
Holistic Thinking Holidays offer accommodation that is equipped to meet the needs of people with disabilities and complex mobility issues for whom “wheelchair access” just isn’t enough.
They provide holiday homes with, or giving access to, equipment that meets as many of their mobility and complex needs as possible.
They locate them in holiday parks that have greater accessibility, including on to the beaches. All on site shops, entertainment venues, pubs and take away food outlets are fully accessible. They all either have on site, or are located close to, accessible swimming pools with hoisting facilities.
Many other accessible holiday providers don't accept dogs, but they accept up to 2 pets for no additional charge!
Their caravans are in multiple coastal locations, in different areas of the country keeping traveling times down, but also offering variety and choice.
- There is smooth, level access throughout, with vinyl fitted to the lounge and kitchen area, a very low pile carpet to both bedrooms and a non-slip moulded floor in the wet room'
- All internal doors are sliding doors, with a maximum opening width of 0.75m/75cm)
The master bedrooms are larger than you would normally find in a static caravan with a single profiling bed (internal length 1.8m/180cm/6 foot), with easily removable bed sides and bumpers fitted. There is also standard double bed 1.98m/198cm/6 foot 6 inches long and 1.37m/137cm/4 foot 6 inches wide.
There are 2 double wardrobes, and 2 USB charging points.
There is also a full room coverage overhead track hoist system with in rail charging (no need to position boom or place controller into a holster).
This room is easily reconfigured to give best access to meet your specific requirements.
- All Bed linen is provided, but not towels and tea towels
- For bathing there is a large wet room
- Thermostatic controlled "super powerful" shower with extra long hose
- Wheel in shower chair with lap belt.
- There are fixed hand rails in the shower area, and by the sink, with 1 fixed and one drop down rail by the toilet.
- The toilet seat is of the raised variety and sits 0.5m/50cm/1 foot 8 inches from the floor
- Please note that although the kitchen can be accessed easily by a wheelchair, the units are standard height for use by an able-bodied person.
- Accessories provided include...
- Gas oven and hob
- Slow cooker
- Toastie maker
- Hand blender
Lounge /Dining area
- The dining room / living area is open plan with ...
- 32 inch TV, DVD player, Bluetooth speaker and DAB radio.
- 2 seat sofa bed and a second 2 seat sofa.
- Dining table with 1 x 2 seater bench seat, 2 dining chairs, 2 foor stools and a wing back chair (0.5m/50cm/1 foot 8 inches from teh floor)
Contact Steve Welsh
Click on any photo below to see a larger image
** Remember to take your own sling! ** Most accommodation providers do not provide you with a sling for hygiene reasons so remember to take along your own and be comfortable in something you are used to. Most slings are'universal' fitting but if you are not sure please contact the accommodation provider.
Have you stayed here?
If you have stayed here why not write a review for CHuC and share your experiences, good or bad, with other hoist users?
Write a review using the form below. There is no need to register but all reviews are moderated before being published