South West - North Devon
Alexandra House, Braunton, N Devon
Self Catering Holiday Accommodation for People with Profound Disabilities
Starfish Breaks offers unrivalled holiday accommodation for adults and children who are severely disabled. This lovingly refurbished bungalow on the edge of the North Devon village of Braunton is only a few minutes’ drive to the beach, so very popular with families and a great place for a well deserved break.
The owner Lynda, has had many years of caring for children with disabilities and is now delighted to be able to offer her previous home for holidays for those deserving families who would love to get away but struggle to find a suitable place equipped for their complex requirements.
Alexander House is equipped to the highest standards to provide a holiday for the most profoundly disabled people.
The property consists of the following;
- Parking for one car in front of house and ample parking on street.
- Level path to front door.
- Open plan living area with plenty of turning space, with large flat screen TV, DVD with loads of DVD’s, music system, 2 large sofas, one a sofa bed for 2 people, and a hi/low physio plinth/day bed with ceiling track & fixed hoist .
- A well equipped kitchen, with cooker, micro-wave, toaster, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer and all usual kitchen utensils – glasses, cutlery, plates etc. The kitchen has a large dining table and chairs for comfortable eating.
- Level access through patio doors to the level garden and paved area, with wooden gazebo to relax in the shade. There are garden tables and chairs to relax and enjoy this lovely peaceful garden.
- Two bathrooms; one a wet room with widened doorway and wheel-in shower chair. Plus toilet, hand-basin and electric towel radiator.
- The second bathroom provides an extra long high/low bath with a fixed shower/changing tray for completely dependent children and adults. There are fixed ceiling hoists above the bath and toilet. This bathroom has fixed sensory mirror-ball to create a uniquely relaxing atmosphere.
- The three, ground level bedrooms offer; a double bedroom, with double bed, wardrobe and dressing-table, which is next to the special needs bedroom with a high/low profiling bed with rails. This bed also has the luxury of a turning facility that can be set on a timer at night to relieve pressure, great for single carers. There is also a fixed ceiling hoist in this room.
- The third bedroom has two single beds, a wardrobe and chest-of-draws
- Central heating and constant hot water throughout.
- Cot and high-chair.
- Z- bed provided
The whole bungalow has been adapted to provide all the care facilities of their own home, providing ample space for longer, reclining wheelchairs and bathing facilities for those who cannot support themselves. The property enables carers of people who are severely disabled to also enjoy a wonderful holiday knowing that Alexandra provides everything the child or adult needs and they will not be forced to “make do”. At the same time they too can enjoy the stunning North Devon coast and delights of Exmoor, thus offering a totally unique holiday experience.
For more information about how to book this wonderful holiday please call Harry or Rick on 08456805431 or email@example.com.